Big Rig Trucking May Be The Answer To A Better Future For You and Your Family
The Positives of Big Rig Trucking:
- What other profession allows a person without or with only a high school
diploma enter a 2 week intensive training program that lets you start making an average of $35,000 working as a
company driver the first year out with the possibility to make $50,000 a year or more after a few years of over
the road experience.
"Is this good pay?"
According to many truckers, the annual pay examples are too low to be called
"good pay" considering the large amount of hours you are required to work each week to make that annual amount
Good pay according to one trucker who sent us comments would be making $75,000
or more a year. We can't disagree with his idea of what annual good pay would be to make a good
- You have the potential to make over $100,000 a year as an owner operator once
you get established?
- Driver demand for the trucking industry is at an all time
- Unlike construction; you will still get your hours and your paycheck even if
the weather is bad.
- Everyday is a new adventure
- You are not stuck in a cubicle for the next 30 years with the boss watching
you every minute of the work day.
- You can choose to see the continental United States even Canada and Mexico if
you desire that destination. Where many people spend their life only dreaming about seeing the mountains, Grand
Canyon, the oceans and many points in between; you can be out there living the dream
- The annual average pay of $35K to $50K, according to truckers we have heard
from, is too low considering the amount of hours required each week to make that annual average
No more being there for each little league game, school play, or hanging out
Over the road means you will be out on the road for days at a time. Many
individuals and families have adjusted well to the lifestyle change. Can You and Your Family Adjust?
- It can be lonely if you allow it to be that way. One driver we know uses his
layover time to work on being the next best seller writer in addition to being a photographer capturing the
beauty of the United States.
- One big surprise and definitely a big frustration many new drivers discover
is the amount of hours you might have to spend on the dock waiting to get the load that still has to be
delivered as scheduled. You have to stay visible and stay close to the dock to hear when they tell you the load
is ready. The big frustration comes in because you know if the truck is not rolling you are not making money
since you are paid by the mile.
- Expect to be away from home anywhere from one week to 4 weeks. Many companies
trying to combat the driver turnover actually try to get you home for the weekend but few guarantee this
- Expect driving an average of 2500 miles a week.
- Expect to work 11 hour work periods.
If You’re Still Reading at This Point
You have the desire and potential to be a Big Rig Driver to start making a steady
"Is the Pay Good?"
You'll have to make that personal decision based on your needs.
You may decide the pay is good enough to get you off the unemployment line, out of
an even lower paying job that doesn't make this much even with overtime, out of a dead end job you hate, or to give
you a change in life.
Keep in mind that trucking is not just a career change. How you live your life now
will be dramatically changed but it may be a change for the best.
Big Rig Central.com wishes you much success in pursuing a trucking
Check out our Big Rig Training Locations
Map to take the first step to putting money in your